Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I title my blog survivor because I have survived many difficult times. I've conquered cancer, rid myself of an abusive husband, raised two boys, traveled as a consultant for the last 12 years, overcome financial diasters and all the pains of watching growing children make good and bad choices. And so I continue to survive, travel, learn and enjoy the adventure called life. Last night the adventure included firetrucks at the front of the hotel and a deluge of water falling through the ceiling of the fitness center...which incidently was located directly across from my room. The sirens were blaring, the fire alert lights were flashing and people were running frantically about to see if they could get the water turned off. Finally, a brave fireman in hat, boots, jacket and gloves proceeded up the ladder to find the turn off valve to stop the flow of water into the exercise area. Then the clean up began so it was a night of vacuums and suction devices getting water up off the floor. I felt so sorry for the hotel staff as they just really didn't know what to do so I was happy to see the arrival of the firemen. And for me, I am working today, a bit more tired than usual, but happy the water pipe above my room didn't burst. There is always something to be grateful for and always an adventure when you are a traveling consultant.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You had cancer? Wow. I guess live would be an adventure after an ordeal like that. See you Monday!